Blackburn Rovers Community Trust Media Manager
Blackburn Rovers Community Trust are expanding their team as they look to appoint a full time Media Manager to support the newly-created Head of Marketing and Communications role.
The ultimate aim of the position is to increase the profile of the charity through a range of media provisions, including building relationships with broadcasters/print/web outlets, creating social media content and, of course, ensuring the accuracy and quality of this very website.
The ideal candidate will be a talented all-rounder with a range of skills to enhance the quality of our output, ideally with professional experience of working in relevant related organisations, such as sports clubs, leisure outlets or charities.
A full job description is available to download here, with applications accepted until 5pm on Friday 30th June 2017.
Please send CVs and cover letters to:
FAO: Gary Robinson,
Chief Executive Officer,
Blackburn Rovers Community Trust,
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for the week commencing Monday 3rd July 2017.
- Managing capacities and behaviour through proactive observation of, and interaction with, spectators & guests
- Assisting with queue management, ensuring good order in the allocated areas
- Ensuring effective close down of areas at specified time
- Monitoring spectators
- Reporting of unusual crowd dynamics
- Identifying and reporting any hazards and defects including suspect objects
- Keeping entrances, gangways and exits clear
- Observing and enforcing ground rules
- Good customer service skills
- An ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of staff, guests, VIPs, and spectators
- Personal confidence, stamina and perseverance to deal with incidents when they arise
- Enthusiastic with a natural ability to relate to a wide range of people
- The initiative to work independently and the ability to work in a team
- Flexibility, empathy and commitment
- Self motivated
- Well organised
- Calm under pressure
- Matchday Concourse - Kiosk Staff
- Matchday Concourse - Kiosk Supervisors
- Blues Bar - Bar Staff
- Processing cash bets from supporters in football stadiums prior to kick off
- promoting the match day betting service and the relevant specials /promotions
- Cash handling and reconciling paperwork quickly and efficiently
- Delivering high levels of customer service and promoting brand awareness.
- Honest and reliable
- Professional and smart in appearance
- Available to work weekend and evening fixtures for the duration of the season, including over Christmas and Easter
- Able to converse confidently and clearly
- Proven experience in customer service and cash handling