Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Matchday FAQs

Why am I unable to purchase a ticket for a "restricted sale" game?
Sometimes, on a few occasions, the club must restrict who they sell tickets to. These games are usually the local derbies or the game which are likely to sell out in the away section such as a local derby match against Preston North End. Unfortunately history has shown that once this allocation has sold out some away fans will try to obtain tickets for home areas. Therefore, for the safety of all supporters the club will only sell to fans who are known to be Blackburn Rovers supporters by referring to our database purchase history. If you are unable to purchase a ticket it usually means that the booking history on your account does not satisfy the criteria put in place for that game.

When do tickets go on sale?
Matchday tickets are on sale approximately three weeks prior to the game being played.

What is a restricted view seat?
A restricted view seat is classified as such when the view of either goal is affected by a pillar or other obstruction. Blackburn Rovers only hold a small number of restricted view seats and all of these are located in the Riverside Stand. These tickets are only sold when all others within that area have been purchased or on request.

If the match is postponed/abandoned am I entitled to a refund?
If a match is postponed you will be entitled to attend the rearranged fixture with your original ticket. If you are unable to make the new date please forward your ticket to the ticket office at Blackburn Rovers prior to the rearranged match taking place and a full refund will be given. If the Match is abandoned then please retain your ticket and await information regarding the replay. If this is the case a press release will be issued to inform spectators of the outcome of the abandonment.

At what age do I qualify for a Senior Citizen concessionary ticket?
In line with other clubs, Blackburn Rovers have set the Senior Citizen age at 65 for both men and women.

Can I get a refund on a ticket?
All refunds on tickets are at the discretion of the club and will only be considered if requested prior to the game taking place. For further assistance please contact the box office on 01254 372000.

Do I need a ticket for an infant to attend the match?
No, children under the age of three are permitted to the ground free of charge on the understanding that the child will sit on the accompanying adults lap.

What should I do if I lose my season/match ticket?
You should contact the ticket office immediately on 01254 372000. If you have lost your season ticket the ticket office will provide you with a duplicate card at a cost of £10. If you have lost your match ticket please call the ticket office on 01254 372000 for further assistance.

Can I bring my own food into the ground?

In accordance with common practice, entry to the stadium with fast food or beverages purchased at restaurants, take-aways, public houses and other retail outlets away from Ewood Park is prohibited. However, supporters are permitted to enter the stadium with flasks and home-prepared foods. This includes packed lunches, sandwiches, crisps, chocolate bars, biscuits and soft drinks (glass bottles not permitted). For further information please refer to the club's food entrance policy that is available here.

Can I smoke at Ewood Park? 
Please note that Ewood Park is smoke free stadium. 
The use of cigarettes and electronic cigarettes is prohibited. Blackburn Rovers Football Club operates a strict, no re-admission policy and there will not be an opportunity to leave and re-enter the ground.

Do you provide baby changing facilities?
Yes, baby changing facilities are available and located in the hospitality areas and Blues Bar. Should you require these facilities please contact your nearest steward.

Can I bring a pram to Ewood Park?
Yes, upon arrival at the ground please ask a steward for assistance. He/she will arrange for the buggy to be stored until after the final whistle.

Do Blackburn Rovers have a family area?
Yes, the family enclosure is located in the lower tier of the Jack Walker Stand at the Blackburn End side and is for the use of home supporters only.

What if I lose my child within the stadium whilst attending a match.
Please contact your nearest steward and report this immediately. The club employs a Children's Services Officer who is available on matchdays to assist as required.

Is there a specific area for disabled fans?
No, disabled supporters (including wheelchair users) can be accommodated in all four stands. For further information on disabled facilities at Ewood park please contact Christine Peacock on 07717 724646

How can I arrange for a child to become team mascot at a forthcoming match.
For more information on how a child can become team mascot for the day is available from the away travel department, located in the Roverstore at Ewood Park, or on telephone number 01254 508208.

Can I park my car at Ewood Park
There are numerous car parks around the ground where spaces can be purchased in advance. For more information regarding parking please contact the Stadium department on 01254 508283. Car parking around the ground is limited due to the nature of the built up areas around Ewood Park and therefore it is advisable to book this in advance to avoid disappointment. For more information on parking, please click here.

Where do the Blackburn Rovers Under-23s play their home matches?
The majority of times, the Under-23s play their matches at the Lancashire FA County Ground in Leyland, on occasions they will play their matches at Ewood Park. Fans should contact reception on 01254 372001 to confirm.

What is the nearest train station?
The nearest train station is Mill Hill which is approximately 10 minutes walk. Alternatively, Blackburn train station is located within a 20 minute walk.

Does the club operate a local bus service before and after the match.
Yes, a local bus service does operate before and after the matches. Further information can be found at or on telephone 0871 200 22 33.

Can I bring flags into the stadium?
Handheld flags are more than welcome at Ewood Park provided they are not of a politic/racial/defamatory nature. Some flagpoles may be refused entry and therefore please seek further clarification on this from the stadium Safety Department on 01254 508283.

How long before kick-off should I arrive at the ground?
Turnstiles open one hour and thirty minutes prior to kick-off. It is advisable to enter the ground at least thirty minutes prior to kick-off to allow yourself enough time to take your seat and make use of the facilities.

What if I need to leave the ground in an emergency?
Please contact your nearest steward who will be happy to assist you.

What if I lose a personal belonging?
If you lose a personal belonging whilst visiting the stadium please contact our stadium/safety department on 01254 508283 who will be happy to assist you.

What should I do if I hear or am subjected to racial abuse?
The club will not tolerate such behaviour and would ask fans to report any such incidents to a police officer/steward.

What are the stadium opening times?
The general switchboard and main reception are open from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.


Monday - Friday - 9am – 5pm 

Non-Match Saturdays - 10am - 3pm 

Matchday Saturdays - 9am - kick-off then re-open at full time for approx. 1 hour.

Call Centre

9am - 5pm Monday - Friday

Non-match Saturdays 10am - 2pm 

Matchdays 9am - 1pm

Can I book a tour of the stadium?
Yes, tours can be booked online at, in the Roverstore, via email or by calling the tours hotline on 01254 508110. Tours need to be booked in advance and are subject to demand.

Does the club offer sports coaching sessions in the local community?
Yes, for further information please contact the Community Sport department on 01254 508256.

How do I find out more about the education programmes offered at Ewood Park?
For further information please contact the Education department on 01254 508257.

Can I book a child's birthday party at the club?
Yes, please contact us on 01254 508256 to discuss your requirements with a member of the community department or visit for more details.