Ahead of Saturday’s curtain raiser vs Charlton Athletic, we are delighted to announce our revamped concourse offering for the 2019/20 season.
In partnership, with Sodexo, the club’s new ‘Rovers Terraces’ identity will offer a brand new and exciting concourse experience.
Digital menu screens will provide a dynamic and enhanced look and feel and allow us to showcase our new food offering. We have also introduced a new and improved till system complete with contactless payment technology, making the queueing experience quick and easy.
Rovers Catering Manager, Warren Newell, feels the new digital concourse experience will be a real hit with supporters.
“The concourses have been updated with new contactless tills and the latest digital screens which will make it easier and simpler for fans to select exactly what they want.
"We are using them to promote the latest meal deals and any special offers, we are really excited to see how they will elevate the atmosphere and decrease queue times at Ewood Park."
In addition to the revamped concourse facilities, the food offering has also been upgraded, to offer a more premium quality matchday experience to Rovers fans.
Rovers Executive Chef David Lyons, who has worked hard to put together the new matchday offering, believes supporters will see a real improvement in the quality of the food offering.
”We hope the fans will appreciate the development work that has gone into creating the new season’s menu on the concourse. Sodexo have made a concerted effort to enhance the quality of fan food and I’m sure they will notice the difference from the first match."
The new product range includes:
- Dirty Fries – elevating the humble chip to a new level of tasty treat in a larger than average portion.
- The Rovers Chicken Burger – everyone loves a burger, we’ve introduced a tasty chicken burger to our menu this season. Crispy chicken patty, cheese and mayo in a soft brioche bun.
- Meister Dog – Within a brioche bun for a premium dog experience, we are leaving it up to you to garnish as you choose.
- Pies – New for this season, Wrights Pies will be available in a range of flavours across the concourse. In addition, to support our local suppliers, Zainab Bilal, from Blackburn’s own Pie Heroes, will be introducing an innovative range of locally made pies to cater for our diverse fan base. Her Burger Pie and Chicken Taco Pie will be available on 3rd August.
- Kids Meal Deal – Rovers Doggy Bag is available and kids can enjoy chicken nuggets with fries and either water or a Capri Sun in the same Rovers branded bag.
- Meal Deals – Grab yourself a deal at every match as we’ll be running a choice of meal deals throughout the season, including a Meister Dog, crisps and a soft drink for £8 or a classic Pie and Pint for £7.50.
Throughout the season we’ll also be running special offers and product variations to really enhance the matchday experience, so keep an eye out.
The new Rovers Terraces experience will be available for the first time at Saturday’s home game vs Charlton Athletic.