The draw for the Premier League International Cup has now taken place.
Rovers Under-23s, who are participating in the prestigious tournament for the first time, have been grouped with SL Benfica (Portugal), Hertha BSC (Germany) and Newcastle United.
Twelve Category One Academy clubs have been invited to play in the competition, along with 12 clubs from across Europe.
The format sees six groups of four clubs, made up of two English teams and two from overseas. Teams play each other once, with the six group winners and two best-placed runners-up qualifying for the quarter-finals.
All fixtures in the competition will be played in England, with the group games to be completed by Monday January 13th, 2020.
Rovers will be at home to both Benfica and Hertha Berlin, and away to Newcastle United, with dates and venues for the ties to be confirmed in due course.
The Premier League International Cup draw in full is as follows:-
- Group A – Arsenal, Leicester City, GNK Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) & Villarreal CF (Spain)
- Group B – Brighton & Hove Albion, West Ham United, Valencia CF (Spain) & VfL Wolfsburg (Germany)
- Group C – Rovers, Newcastle United, SL Benfica (Portugal) & Hertha BSC (Germany)
- Group D – Everton, Swansea City, FC Porto (Portugal) & PSV Eindhoven (Holland)
- Group E – Liverpool, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Athletic Club Bilbao (Spain) & Paris Saint-Germain (France)
- Group F – Derby County, Southampton, AS Monaco (France) & Feyenoord Rotterdam (Holland)
Rovers Under-23s kick-off their Premier League 2 campaign this coming Monday (August 12th) against Arsenal at the LFA County Ground in Leyland, kick-off 7pm.
Entry is free for season ticket holders, otherwise admission is priced at £3 for adults and £1 for concessions.