Some interesting information you might not know about our new signing ...
- Born in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, Whittingham was a capable cricketer during his days at school, which didn’t offer football as an option.
- He started his career at Aston Villa, winning the FA Youth Cup in 2002, before making his senior debut away to Newcastle United at the age of 18.
- After joining Cardiff City, he played in two major Wembley cup finals – losing 1-0 to Portsmouth in the 2008 FA Cup final and scoring from the spot in the dramatic penalty shootout defeat to Liverpool in the 2012 Carling Cup final.
- A set-piece specialist, Whittingham netted 25 goals in the 2009-10 season, which included a hat-trick away at Sheffield United and goals in each leg of Cardiff’s Championship play-off semi-final success over Leicester City.
- A highly-decorated individual, Whittingham won the Championship title in 2013, has been named in the Championship Team of the Year on three occasions, was Cardiff’s Player of the Season twice, was named in the 2015 Football League Team of the Decade and was presented with the Outstanding Contribution Award at Cardiff’s 2017 Awards Evening.
Don't forget, Rovers fans now have extra time to take advantage of the club's price freeze on season tickets for the 2017-18 season.
The great-value Early Bird offer - and claim your seat deadline - has been extended until Saturday July 1st.
With adult prices starting from just £279, it means supporters who buy or renew a season ticket can see all the action at Ewood Park for less than £13 per game.
For more details, visit the new supporter portal 'My Rovers' at www.my-rovers.co.uk