Rovers have added another pre-season friendly to their summer schedule.
Tony Mowbray’s side will visit Carlisle United’s Brunton Park on Friday July 28th, kick-off 7.45pm.
The two teams met in last season’s Checkatrade Trophy, with the Cumbrians winning 2-0 thanks to goals from Shaun Miller and Danny Grainger.
Carlisle finished sixth in League Two last season, losing out 6-5 to Exeter City in the play-off semi-finals, in which former Rover John O’Sullivan scored in each leg.
The game will be Rovers’ fifth friendly of the summer, as Mowbray’s men gear up for life in League One, which gets underway over the weekend of August 5th/6th.
Rovers will kick-off their pre-season preparations away to Barrow on Saturday July 8th, before travelling to York City on Tuesday July 18th.
Next up is a meeting with Morecambe on Friday July 21st, before a game against Grimsby Town on Tuesday July 25th. The Carlisle encounter will be Rovers’ final fixture ahead of the 2017-18 season.
- Barrow v Rovers, Furness Building Society Stadium, Saturday July 8th (kick-off 3pm)
- York v Rovers, Bootham Crescent, Tuesday July 18th (kick-off 7.30pm)
- Morecambe v Rovers, Globe Arena, Friday July 21st (kick-off 7.30pm)
- Grimsby Town v Rovers, Blundell Park, Tuesday July 25th (kick-off 7.30pm)
- Carlisle United v Rovers, Brunton Park, Friday July 28th (kick-off 7.45pm)