It doesn't matter if you have already enrolled on a college course ... it's still not too late to join Blackburn Rovers Futsal and Education programme and to come and study at Ewood Park as a Rovers Scholar!
Blackburn Rovers Community Trust has introduced a 5-a-side Futsal and Education Scholarship programme starting in September 2013. This is a unique opportunity for 16-19 year-old football players to pursue a two-year Futsal and Education scholarship. We have allocated a maximum of 20 places for our first-year squad, which will see us produce two 5-a-side Futsal teams.
During the scholarship, you can earn qualifications that will help you gain employment in the sport and leisure industry; possibly even with Blackburn Rovers Community Trust. You will also train and compete in a professional Futsal environment for Blackburn Rovers FC against other professional clubs in the Football League.
“Futsal is an extremely important way for youngsters to develop their skills and understanding of the game of football. My touch and my dribbling have both come from playing Futsal.” Ronaldinho – FIFA World Footballer of the Year 2004 and 2006.
“In Futsal you have to think quickly and play fast. It’s a great environment in which to learn.” Zico – 88 caps & 66 goals for Brazil.
Benefits of becoming a Blackburn Rovers FC Futsal Player:
• A first class education and a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (equivalent of up to 3 A-Levels).
• Professional sports coaching by BRFC Trust coaches and ex-professional footballers.
• Strong, well-established exit routes into university/foundation degrees.
In addition, each player will:
• Receive official Blackburn Rovers FC training wear, play in official Rovers match kits and have their own squad number.
• Qualify to compete in the official Football League sponsored Futsal League, against clubs including Burnley FC, Manchester City FC, Preston North End FC, Blackpool FC and Accrington Stanley FC to name just a few of the fellow professional football clubs signed up to this programme.
• Travel to fixtures in comfort and style on a Rovers minibus.
• Gain work opportunities with Blackburn Rovers Community Trust and/or in the sport and leisure industry.
• Be given the opportunity to undertake a variety of coaching and refereeing qualifications.
• Watch the Blackburn Rovers first team play in npower Championship matches at Ewood Park.
• Get the opportunity to meet Rovers Academy, Under-21s development squad and first team players.
• Become part of Blackburn Rovers FC; representing the Club through Education and Sport.
... And once your two-year course is complete, you will have the opportunity to prove your ability to become a Futsal player, representing in the FA 5-a-side Futsal National League!
Did we mention ... *** If you’re a scholar of the team that wins the Futsal competition, you will find yourself jetting off to Barcelona or Real Madrid to play against their very own Futsal team at the end of the season! ***
Staying on at school or going to college is not the right choice for everyone, but you can still gain a first class education that will get you to university by choosing a different route. If you love sport, and the idea of staying on at school or going to college just isn't for you, then why not consider studying for your education here at Ewood Park and playing Futsal at a professional level for Rovers?
We will ensure that learners are fully prepared for the future, as the scholarship includes a full-time education package incorporating study for the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (worth up to 3 A-Levels). This programme of study will allow you to gain access to university and/or further study, as well as opening the door to a coaching career in football or Futsal.
As a key element of the Football Association's strategy to develop the game of Futsal and produce players capable of representing England, Blackburn Rovers Community Trust are now offering this exciting and innovative programme. Scholars will receive high-quality Futsal training for a minimum of six hours per week. Training will be supplemented with fortnightly regular fixtures against other professional clubs. Each year we will also send two scholars to represent Blackburn Rovers FC at the England national team trials.
The course is based at Ewood Park in the newly-refurbished Indoor Centre, with all of the matches taking place at the Regional Futsal Centre in Leeds. Travel to matches will be on a Rovers team bus. The Indoor Centre is a non-traditional learning environment and is equipped with the latest technologies to aid learning and development in unique ways.
What is the course?
• Full-time two-year course based at Ewood Park - the home of Blackburn Rovers FC.
• Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport – Equivalent to 3 A-Levels.
• 8 hours of directed education per week.
• 4-8 hours of 5-a-side Futsal per week, including training and matches.
• Males aged 16 to 19 (female recruitment coming soon!).
• GCSEs A*-C (or equivalent) in English, Maths and at least one other subject.
To become a Blackburn Rovers Futsal Scholar or for further information, please contact Blackburn Rovers Community Trust on 01254 296256
or email firstname.lastname@example.org