Keep safe, keep others safe
Everyone has the right to live without fear of harm or abuse. Blackburn Rovers Football Club recognises it has an active role to play in ensuring that everyone involved with the Club has that right and as such has a responsibility for safety and wellbeing. Through creating an environment and culture of trust and inclusion the Club is committed to:
- Preventing and reducing the risk of significant harm, abuse or exploitation to children and adults at risk (sometimes referred to as vulnerable adults);
- Responding effectively and appropriately to any incidents and concerns;
- Raising awareness of key messages and procedures to those who may be abused and to potential abusers; and
- Compliance with the FA Premier League Rules on safeguarding.
Blackburn Rovers embraces the following principles:
- Safeguarding practices are incorporated throughout the recruitment process;
- All staff working with children and adults deemed to be at risk will be checked by the Criminal Records Bureau;
- All staff will receive appropriate training and are required to follow safe working practices including adherence to professional boundaries - an essential part of all relationships with customers;
- All people connected to the Club including partner organisations, will be made aware that there is a Safeguarding Team which includes a Children's Services Officer and an Adult Services Officer who can be contacted directly plus a team of Safeguarding Officers throughout the organisation;
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be treated seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately; and
- Work in partnership with the Local Authority Safeguarding Teams.
We all have a role to play in keeping safe and keeping others safe by preventing, identifying and reporting incidents and concerns. Thankfully incidents are rare but if you need to get in touch you can contact the Blackburn Rovers' Safeguarding Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you want to speak to the Club Chaplain you can contact him on 01772 815752.
If you have a safeguarding issue unconnected with the Club, here are some useful contact numbers:
- Blackburn with Darwen Safeguarding Adults Team - 01254 584589
- Blackburn with Darwen Safeguarding Unit - 01254 585737
- Children's Services First Response Early Intervention and Support Team - 01254 587547
- Public Protection Unit, Accrington Police Station - 01254 353131
- NHS Blackburn with Darwen Safeguarding Team - 01254 263611 ext 208
- Community and Voluntary Service (CVS) - 01254 660186
"Keep safe, keep others safe"