At the end of the match as supporters were making their way out of the ground from the Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End Family Stand, one of the circular panes of glass in the stairwell was was deliberately damaged from the inside, which meant a large piece of Georgian Wired glass fell to the ground narrowly missing a female spectator who was leaving the lower tier of the stand at the time.
This piece of glass could have caused serious injury, or worse. Thankfully the lady in question was not injured, but was very shocked.
The club would appeal to anyone with information relating to this incident, please contact the Safety Department on 01254 296227
or email via our feedback from on the Contact Us page