Work for Blackburn Rovers...
Direct Reports:Retail Buyer/ Shop Team Leaders/ Store Staff
Location: Ewood Park
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, including match days
Job Purpose:To ensure that the annual Retail sales targets are met on a year-to-year basis.
- Oversee the daily management of the two retail stores, online and mail order sales function
- Manage a team of retail staff and management who are sales and customer focused and are all working together to achieve retail sales, budgets and targets.
- Set weekly sales targets for stores and on line store.
- Ensure that all retail operations deliver excellent standards in customer service, and Health & Safety
- To assist the Head of Commercial in managing the kit supplier account and ensure that all the replica kits, training and match day wear are of the highest quality and design available.
- Maintain accurate records of all stock movement within the department, and provide reports to the finance department as and when required
- Maintain and control stock levels to ensure maximum sales and minimum price reductions and write offs.
- Effectively use and develop the EPOS system in conjunction with the EPOS provider to produce a robust reporting mechanism.
- Provide the Head of Commercial with sales trends, sales analysis and charts through monthly reporting
- Analyse and interpret sales figures, forecast future sales volumes and trends to maximise profit.
- Ensure that Company policies, procedures and guidelines are fully communicated, understood and adhered to.
- Manage Staff performance and identify, solve and monitor any problems/issues that may arise.
- Either experienced in the same job within sport and leisure sector (any sport, doesn't have to be football) or, a high street brand.
- Well-presented and professional attitude
- A good standard of general education
- A high standard of numeracy and IT literacy
- Experience of managing and operating EPOS systems
- Experience of handling retail transactions involving cash, cheques, vouchers, credit cards, etc.
- Experience of cashing up and reconciliation of daily takings
- Good merchandising skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Experience of working successfully to financial targets
- Stock management experience
- Day-to-day management of sales staff
- Experience of developing a brand identity
- Experience of budget preparation
- Understanding of health and safety legislation applicable to retail outlets including first aid cover
- Ability to develop and drive a motivated team
- Ability to operate effectively in a public forum
- Willingness to undertake training as required
- Organised, resourceful and a positive approach to work
- Ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly and to respond to the current and future needs of the business
- Current driving licence and access to own car
- Degree in retail management or similar subject area
How to Apply
Due to high-levels of interest, this post might close early so early application is advised, otherwise the closing date is 12 noon on Friday 7th August 2015. First Interviews scheduled for Tuesday 11th August 2015.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Match day Betting Cashier / Assistant Manager
BD Stadia Ltd - Blackburn
In-stadium betting operator BD stadia are looking to add to their team of part-time cashiers and assistant managers to assist in the processing of fans bets on match day at Blackburn Rovers FC
Hours: On match days, 3-7 hours per match (weekends and evenings)
Rate of pay: £8.33 per hour
All applicants for assistant manager roles must have relevant experience.
As part of the BD Stadia in-stadium betting team, duties include:
- Processing cash bets from supporters in football stadiums prior to kick off
- promoting the match day betting service and the relevant specials /promotions
- Cash handling and reconciling paperwork quickly and efficiently
- Delivering high levels of customer service and promoting brand awareness.
The successful candidates must be:
- Honest and reliable
- Professional and smart in appearance
- Available to work weekend and evening fixtures for the duration of the season, including over Christmas and Easter
- Able to converse confidently and clearly
- Proven experience in customer service and cash handling
Additional hours and responsibilities may be available to the right candidates
Please note, due to gambling commission legislation we can only offer this position to candidates over the age of 18.
Due to the number of applications received we are only able to contact those who are successful. Some applicants may be contacted at a later date when additional spaces become available
To apply, please visit www.bdstadia.co.uk/application
where you will need to fill out the online application stating Blackburn Rovers as your preferred club.
Catering Vacancies at Ewood Park
We are looking to recruit dedicated and enthusiastic part-time food and bar staff for our exciting Matchday Concourse and Blues Bar catering operation.
Aside from the Blues Bar matchday chef position previous experience is not essential as full training will be given.
- Matchday Concourse - Kiosk staff
- Matchday Concourse - Kiosk Supervisors
- Matchday Concourse - Section Managers
- Matchday Concourse - Kitchen Supervisors
- Blues Bar - Matchday Chef
- Blues Bar - Bar staff
- Blues Bar - Food service staff
For an application form contact our Staffing & Training Manager on 01254 508177
or email email@example.com
with contact details/cv.