Work for Blackburn Rovers...
Community Inclusion Officer
Organisation: Blackburn Rovers Community Trust
Job Title: Community Inclusion Officer
Salary: 25 hours per week
Location: Blackburn Rovers Football Club, Ewood Park Stadium, Blackburn, BB2 4JF
Type of Contract: Full Time
Closing date: 5pm Friday 31st March 2017
Blackburn Rovers Community Trust is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated individual to help BRCT further engage with the BAME community of Blackburn with Darwen and surrounding areas.
Main Purpose of the role is to:
This role will involve working within the local community of Blackburn with Darwen and Lancashire to develop and maintain provision for people from BAME communities. The role will primarily involve enhancing and implementing BRCT’s BAME engagement strategy, strengthening and creating new partnerships; sign-posting people from the BAME community to participating in our Premier League and Sport England funded projects and our BTEC Sport and NCS programmes.
Added to these key objectives, the post-holder will create and deliver a citizenship project.
The role requires an individual with experience of working in an inclusion setting and good knowledge of inclusion based project work.
How to apply:
Please post or email CV and cover letter to:
Chief Executive Officer
Blackburn Rovers Community Trust, Ewood Park,
Blackburn, BB2 4JF
Interview dates: W/C 3rd April 2017
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS procedures.
Blackburn Rovers Community Trust and Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Equality & Diversity:
As we are a diverse community trust that respects differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstance we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. BRCT is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Would you like to be a part of a team ensuring the safety and well being of all of our supporters from the time they enter the stadium until they depart? As a Safety Steward you will be expected to work towards an NVQ level 2 in Spectator Safety and be fully committed to carrying out your duties, whilst delivering service excellence by meeting and greeting fans with the friendly face of the Club.
You will be committed to delivering service excellence, have a can-do attitude and maintain the highest levels of professionalism. If you are immaculately presented, service driven, outgoing and friendly, can work weekends and evenings, then we want you to be a part of our match-day safety team for the 2016/2017 season.
- Managing capacities and behaviour through proactive observation of, and interaction with, spectators & guests
- Assisting with queue management, ensuring good order in the allocated areas
- Ensuring effective close down of areas at specified time
- Monitoring spectators
- Reporting of unusual crowd dynamics
- Identifying and reporting any hazards and defects including suspect objects
- Keeping entrances, gangways and exits clear
- Observing and enforcing ground rules
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Good customer service skills
- An ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of staff, guests, VIPs, and spectators
- Personal confidence, stamina and perseverance to deal with incidents when they arise
- Enthusiastic with a natural ability to relate to a wide range of people
- The initiative to work independently and the ability to work in a team
- Flexibility, empathy and commitment
- Self motivated
- Well organised
- Calm under pressure
As per the Green Guide, you must be 18 years or older to be considered for this position. All applicants must be available to work weekends and evenings and commit to games throughout the full season.
For further information and to request an application form, please email email@example.com
Match day Betting Cashier
BD Stadia Ltd - Blackburn
In-stadium betting operator BD stadia are looking to add to their team of part-time cashiers and assistant managers to assist in the processing of fans bets on match day at Blackburn Rovers FC
Hours: On match days, 3-7 hours per match (weekends and evenings)
Rate of pay: £8.33 per hour
All applicants for assistant manager roles must have relevant experience.
As part of the BD Stadia in-stadium betting team, duties include:
- Processing cash bets from supporters in football stadiums prior to kick off
- promoting the match day betting service and the relevant specials /promotions
- Cash handling and reconciling paperwork quickly and efficiently
- Delivering high levels of customer service and promoting brand awareness.
The successful candidates must be:
- Honest and reliable
- Professional and smart in appearance
- Available to work weekend and evening fixtures for the duration of the season, including over Christmas and Easter
- Able to converse confidently and clearly
- Proven experience in customer service and cash handling
Additional hours and responsibilities may be available to the right candidates
Please note, due to gambling commission legislation we can only offer this position to candidates over the age of 18.
Due to the number of applications received we are only able to contact those who are successful. Some applicants may be contacted at a later date when additional spaces become available
To apply, please visit www.bdstadia.co.uk/application
where you will need to fill out the online application stating Blackburn Rovers as your preferred club.
Catering Vacancies at Ewood Park
We are looking to recruit dedicated and enthusiastic casual food and bar staff for our exciting Matchday Concourse and Blues Bar catering operation.
- Matchday Concourse - Kiosk Staff
- Matchday Concourse - Kiosk Supervisors
- Blues Bar - Bar Staff
For an application form contact our Staffing & Training Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
with contact details/cv.