Job Title: Blackburn Rovers Ladies Team Manager
Department: Blackburn Rovers Ladies FC
Contract Type: TBC
Blackburn Rovers have enjoyed many seasons playing at the pinnacle of the Women’s football pyramid. Now a major objective is to have one of the most successful and competitive programmes in Women’s Football by developing and attracting players from the Centre of Excellence and league football, into the Team.
The main purpose of the Team Manager is to coach the Ladies Team through the week and to manage them at all Team matches (which are usually on Sundays from August to May). It is anticipated that they will play in the FA Championship (North) League to commence Sep 2013. The standards that have been set at the club mean that the level of coaching and preparation is of the highest standard in domestic winter league Women’s football.
Management responsibility for: N/A
Reports to: Women & Girls Development Officer.
Budgetary signing limit and commercial framework: N/A
• Management of and continuous assessment of Team Players.
• To hold appraisal meetings (also providing written evaluations) with players throughout the year
• Advise on retention of players in discussion with relevant staff.
• Plan, prepare and record individual coaching sessions for every team training session.
• To co-ordinate a pre season programme with BRLFC Secretary to maximise preparation for the forthcoming season for all Team Players.
• Liaise with the sport Science team to ensure a full and appropriate Strength and Conditioning Programme is in place
• Liaise with the BRLFC Secretary in regards to any communication required in respect of International duty / injuries. (and other relevant staff)
• Communicate with the Centre of Excellence Technical Director in regards to U17 Players and have a good knowledge of each player’s level of development under the guidance of the COE Technical Director.
• Seek opportunities for Video Analysis of Team matches to aid player/team assessment and to identify strengths and weaknesses.
• Communicate effectively with personnel to ensure the smooth operations with staff and to assign relevant duties to staff members.
• To keep updated attendance registers for all training sessions and matches (in order to collate important data such as playing time, assists, goals scored etc).
• Organisation and transportation of any relevant equipment required for matches and to ensure it is returned to the Training Ground or ensure thi sis strictly monitored.
• Ensure the smooth operation of Home matches in regards to the logistics and organisation working with BRLFC Secretary and other relevant staff.
• Ensure a professional image is maintained at all times.
• Ensure that regular and clear communication occurs with all Team Players in regards to the organisation of matches and training sessions.
• To work closely with the physiotherapy/fitness staff to maximize player’s fitness and availability for matches.
• To consistently explore avenues for educational workshops on becoming Elite Athletes ie : nutrition, hydration, psychology, lifestyle, etc.
• To perform any other duties deemed appropriate to this role.
• Be familiar with the Safeguarding Children requirements as outlined in the Safeguarding Children Policy and comply with its requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
MAIN POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
• It is essential that the candidate either has the UEFA ‘A’ License, or is working towards it. The candidate should have UEFA ‘B’ License minimum.
• It is essential that the candidate has a full UK Driving License.
• It is preferred that the candidate has category D1 on their driving license or a qualification that permits the driving of minibuses.
• The successful applicant will be required to undergo a satisfactory enhanced CRB check.
• To have worked with female elite players.
• Needs to have a knowledge of the standard required at Blackburn Rovers LFC and an understanding and knowledge of the overall Women’s Football Development Pathway in England.
• A dynamic, confident communicator whilst able to adapt style and approach as and when required; able to engage with businesses, coaches and players.
• Attention to detail and excellent organization skills are required along with a conscientious approach to all areas of work.
• Flexible approach to work and a proven commitment to teamwork.
• Full understanding of successful practice and operations of Blackburn Rovers Ladies FC.
• Knowledge of safeguarding children and/or vulnerable groups.
• Knowledge of all key safeguarding legislation.
Location: Ewood Park, Blackburn.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers LFC invite applications for Blackburn Rovers Ladies Manager. Please send your most recent CV along with cover letter (stating your current salary for coaching posts) to Gemma Donnelly, Blackburn Rovers, Ewood Park, Blackburn, BB2 4JF or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about this role please call 01254 296123
The closing date for all applications is Wed 5th June, 5pm.
Become a part of your local team
Catering Vacancies at Ewood Park
We are looking to recruit dedicated and enthusiastic part time food and bar staff for our exciting matchday Concourse and Blues Bar catering operation.
Previous experience is not essential as full training will be given.
Match Day Concourse:
• Kiosk Staff Match Day Concourse
• Kiosk Supervisors Match Day Concourse
• Section Managers Match Day Concourse
• Kitchen Supervisors Blues Bar
• Bar Staff
• Food Service Staff
For an application form contact our Staffing & Training Manager on: 01254 296 177 or email: email@example.com with contact details/cv