Work for Blackburn Rovers...
Head of Academy Performance Analysis
Blackburn Rovers Football Club are recruiting a Head of Academy Performance Analysis to lead the department and implement a variety of analysis strategies/methods to aid the performance of all U9 – U18 Academy players.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Operations you will be responsible for shaping the success and future direction of the Analysis department within the Academy. This will incorporate:
- Leading the department through the management of analysis staff, whilst also being innovative in continually developing the department in line with the EPPP requirements of a Cat 1 Programme.
- Monitor/Implement departmental targets, and as part of the SMT, provide feedback on such targets, whilst also providing an overview of the departments continued performance/issues.
- Lead Analysis CPD events for all staff and players.
- To research and provide appropriate and effective video analysis sessions for all age groups across all the phases
- Maintaining a database of games/ sessions filmed for future use
- To film, code and analyse matches across all phases
- To develop the accessibility of performance analysis support for players and coaches
- Uploading of individual and team video clips for all age groups onto PMA system
- To produce motivational or supportive material to be utilised by coaches and players when required
- Logging and maintaining analysis sessions on the PMA system
- Liaising and communicating with coaches in preparation for analysis sessions
- Assisting with PDP games when necessary
- Assisting with organisation and training of students and/or interns
- Provide supportive material to the Head of Recruitment and Talent Identification when required
As part of the SMT - key additional responsibilities include:
- Supporting the SMT in developing, defining and evaluating, both, the Football Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan on an annual basis.
- Supporting the SMT in implementing and monitoring, both, the Football Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan on a daily basis
- Support the Academy Operations Manager in the utilisation and management of the Analysis budget.
- Support the SMT in managing player’s transition through each phase of the Performance Pathway.
- Set specific productivity targets in agreement with the SMT, the Academy Manager and Academy Operations Manager
- As a member of the SMT make key decisions on specific issues within the Academy
- Provide feedback on the overall performance of the Analysis department at SMT Meetings
This is a role that requires an empathetic and effective work ethic based on the Club vision and values. This harnesses the talent of Academy players and staff in the achievement of key milestones within its analysis provision.
The successful candidate must have a flexible and professional attitude; a genuine team player who desires to seek solutions and success. Ideally they would possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Experience of leading an Analysis Department and managing individuals
- Experience of target setting and managing/achieving targets
- Experience using coding and video editing software (Gamebreaker, Final Cut, Prozone)
- Experience filming, capturing and coding matches to a high standard
- Previous experience working in an analysis role within a professional sporting environment
- IT literate (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Sports coaching/science related degree or equivalent
- Hold a valid full UK driver’s licence
- A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well under pressure to meet specific deadlines
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving agreed objectives
- Is aware of own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement and is receptive to feedback
- Displays a high level of confidentiality
- Enhanced DBS Clearance required
- Previous experience with the PMA system and knowledge/experience of EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan)
Please note that this is a vital position within the Academy Department at Blackburn Rovers Football Club and will require a high degree of commitment to the role, including evening and weekend work.
How to Apply
Due to high-levels of interest, this post may close early so early application is advised, otherwise the closing date is 5pm on Monday 20th February 2017.
Equality and Diversity
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Would you like to be a part of a team ensuring the safety and well being of all of our supporters from the time they enter the stadium until they depart? As a Safety Steward you will be expected to work towards an NVQ level 2 in Spectator Safety and be fully committed to carrying out your duties, whilst delivering service excellence by meeting and greeting fans with the friendly face of the Club.
You will be committed to delivering service excellence, have a can-do attitude and maintain the highest levels of professionalism. If you are immaculately presented, service driven, outgoing and friendly, can work weekends and evenings, then we want you to be a part of our match-day safety team for the 2016/2017 season.
- Managing capacities and behaviour through proactive observation of, and interaction with, spectators & guests
- Assisting with queue management, ensuring good order in the allocated areas
- Ensuring effective close down of areas at specified time
- Monitoring spectators
- Reporting of unusual crowd dynamics
- Identifying and reporting any hazards and defects including suspect objects
- Keeping entrances, gangways and exits clear
- Observing and enforcing ground rules
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Good customer service skills
- An ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of staff, guests, VIPs, and spectators
- Personal confidence, stamina and perseverance to deal with incidents when they arise
- Enthusiastic with a natural ability to relate to a wide range of people
- The initiative to work independently and the ability to work in a team
- Flexibility, empathy and commitment
- Self motivated
- Well organised
- Calm under pressure
As per the Green Guide, you must be 18 years or older to be considered for this position. All applicants must be available to work weekends and evenings and commit to games throughout the full season.
For further information and to request an application form, please email email@example.com
Match day Betting Cashier
BD Stadia Ltd - Blackburn
In-stadium betting operator BD stadia are looking to add to their team of part-time cashiers and assistant managers to assist in the processing of fans bets on match day at Blackburn Rovers FC
Hours: On match days, 3-7 hours per match (weekends and evenings)
Rate of pay: £8.33 per hour
All applicants for assistant manager roles must have relevant experience.
As part of the BD Stadia in-stadium betting team, duties include:
- Processing cash bets from supporters in football stadiums prior to kick off
- promoting the match day betting service and the relevant specials /promotions
- Cash handling and reconciling paperwork quickly and efficiently
- Delivering high levels of customer service and promoting brand awareness.
The successful candidates must be:
- Honest and reliable
- Professional and smart in appearance
- Available to work weekend and evening fixtures for the duration of the season, including over Christmas and Easter
- Able to converse confidently and clearly
- Proven experience in customer service and cash handling
Additional hours and responsibilities may be available to the right candidates
Please note, due to gambling commission legislation we can only offer this position to candidates over the age of 18.
Due to the number of applications received we are only able to contact those who are successful. Some applicants may be contacted at a later date when additional spaces become available
To apply, please visit www.bdstadia.co.uk/application
where you will need to fill out the online application stating Blackburn Rovers as your preferred club.
Catering Vacancies at Ewood Park
We are looking to recruit dedicated and enthusiastic part-time food and bar staff for our exciting Matchday Concourse and Blues Bar catering operation.
Aside from the Blues Bar matchday chef position previous experience is not essential as full training will be given.
- Matchday Concourse - Kiosk staff
- Matchday Concourse - Kiosk Supervisors
For an application form contact our Staffing & Training Manager on 01254 508177
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
with contact details/cv.